A Work In Progress 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Lectures & Discussions
- Yoga practices
- Coaching / mentoring
- Reading & Writing assignments
- A printed training manual
LEARN HOW TO:
- Enhance of your personal yoga practice
- Manage the shift from student to teacher
- Sequence, theme, and teach Hatha/Vinyasa yoga
- Sequence, theme, and teach Yin Yoga
- Hold space for practitioners in your class
- Clearly communicate poses and transitions
- Guide mind and body Integration
- Use anatomy and physiology to teach
- Manipulate the nervous system through pranayama & asana
- Bridge the gap between yoga on the mat and off the mat
- Support all levels of body movement practices
- Assist practitioners who need help modifying movements
- Provide safe and successful yoga instruction
Students should plan to spend approximately 5-7 hours a week on reading assignments, personal practice and self-study.
- Minimum 1 year yoga experience/practice
- Physically able to participate in practices
- Possess or be able to get a US passport
- Have an open mind and a true desire to learn
REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATION:
1. Attend 136 hours of the 144 hours of weekend training
(For missed hours, students must watch recordings & exhibit an understanding of content)
2. Attend Bali retreat
3. 20 hours of practicums
July 4–12 (Bali Retreat)
$3,200 + flight to Bali (before January 31st)
$3,400 + flight to Bali
A non-refundable $800 deposit will secure your place and price (if you deposit before January 31st, the price is $3,200).
Payment plan options:
1. $800 in January, February, March & April
2. $800 in Feb, $650 in March, April, May, & June
*** remember you must purchase travel to Bali ***
Flight / travel costs for the Bali retreat range from $1,100–1,500
If you sign up early (by January 31st), you have the opportunity to travel with the group and split some travel costs. The plan is to drive to Denver on July 2nd, fly from Denver to San Francisco (currently $200) and from San Francisco to Denpasar, Bali (currently $900). The price of the van driving from Salina to Denver will be included in the retreat cost if you sign-up early and travel with the group.
*** Travel plans mentioned above are subject to change
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR:
Veazey Nevitt has been practicing yoga and movement for 8 years and teaching for 6 years. Her training includes a 200-hour Vinyasa based teacher training in Sacramento, Kundalini teacher training in Sacramento, Yoga Therapy training in Sacramento, Functional Range Conditioning in Canada and she is currently enrolled in an online training with Yoga Detour.
As a mindfulness and movement enthusiast, Veazey will share her passion, her knowledge and practical applications for instructing various styles of yoga and movement. She is an advocate for using yoga and movement practices to create a deeper connection to mind, body, and spirit within a disciplined daily practice.
All 200 hours will be face to face with Veazey including 6 weekends in Kansas and 9 days / 8 nights in Bali, Indonesia.
If you wish to learn more about Veazey personally, visit her at A Work In Progress, view her website here or check out her Instagram account, or to meet with her face-to-face about this training, please contact her directly here.